New York and Federal laws prohibit employers from discriminating against an employee based on either race ethnicity. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ("EEOC") is the federal agency that investigates claims of discrimination in the workplace.
- Racial discrimination by employers often occurs in the workplace by:
- Use of ethnic or racial slurs
- Spread of ethnic or racial jokes
- Disparaging comments about your race or ethnicity
- Reliance upon ethnic or racial stereotypes
- Unwelcome comments about your supposed racial or ethnic characteristics
- Refusal to hire or termination of employment due to race or ethnicity
The Law Offices of Fausto E. Zapata, Jr. can help you understand your rights. If you have been a victim of race discrimination, call our law office at 212-766-9870 to schedule a consultation.