SEXUAL ORIENTATION DISCRIMINATION
New York State laws prohibit employers from discriminating against an individual based on sexual orientation. Sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace occurs when an employee is treated differently based on his or her actual perceived sexual orientation.
Some examples of sexual orientation discrimination include:
- Harassment by coworkers or employers about your sexual orientation
- Derogatory comments about gay, lesbian, transgender, or bisexual individuals
- Being denied a promotion purely based on sexual orientation
- Being treated differently by supervisor or manager based on your sexual orientation
- Denying employment, promotion, pay raises, or other benefits to employees based on their sexual orientation
The Law Offices of Fausto E. Zapata, Jr. understands the sensitive issues involving sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace. We handle each matter with care and our client's best interest. If you have been treated unfairly based on your sexual orientation, call our law office at 212-766-9870 to schedule a consultation.